FSLW / Mental Health
Family School Liason Program Information
The Family School Liaison Program offers emotional and behavioural support services to Battle River School Division students and their families. Any student experiencing difficulties at home or at school is eligible for this program. Family School Liaison Workers support the social, emotional and mental wellness of students and families within their home, school, and community through intervention and prevention. To reach the Family School Liaison worker, email Stacey McLennan at or contact the school directly.
- Provide support services to families and children facing social, emotional, and family challenges
- Promote effective communication within families and between parents and students
- Assist families in navigating and finding information and resources, such as counselling services, income support, community programs, etc.
- Promote preventative opportunities within the schools and community
- Collaborate with community agencies
24 Hour Province-Wide Helplines
Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868 or text 686868
Kids Help Phone is Canada's 24-hour, bilingual and anonymous phone counselling, web counselling and referral service for children and youth.
Alberta Health Services Mental Health Helpline 1-877-303-2642
Alberta Help/Distress Line 1-800-779-5057
Family Violence Info/Help Line 310‑1818